Directions to McMaster University
Campus Map (planetarium location: Burke Science Building, B149)
Campus Parking Rates
For more detailed directions and an alternative map:
Heading westbound from Toronto on Highway 403, take the Main Street West off ramp exit and turn left onto Main Street West towards McMaster. Heading eastbound to Toronto on Highway 403, take the exit onto Aberdeen Avenue, turn left onto Longwood Road, and then left again onto Main Street West. For more information on how to get to McMaster please visit directions to McMaster University
Via Main Street West
- Turn off Main Street West onto University Avenue. University Avenue is the road directly opposite Emerson Street and will take you between two buildings (the building on your right will be the hospital).
- At the stop sign, turn left onto College Crescent. This street is not named, but at the stop sign there is a big green space in front of you (and you are restricted from turning right).
- Past the Mohawk-McMaster Health Sciences Building on your left, turn left into the parking lot.
Via Sterling Avenue
- Continue into campus along Sterling Avenue.
- There will be a parking lot visible on your right.
- To access the parking lot, turn right after the parking kiosk and follow the road signs.
Burke Science Building
The BSB basement floor plan shows the location of the planetarium within BSB (look for room B149).
The main entrance for the Burke Science Building (BSB) is labelled by a large red sign to the left of the steps. “Physical Sciences Building” is written over the doors of the main entrance.
Once inside the main entrance of BSB, walk up another flight of stairs, across the foyer and a little way down the corridor directly ahead. On the right is a double set of doors leading to stairs both up and down. Alternatively, further down the corridor is an elevator on your right which will take you down one floor to the basement level. If you go down the stairs, exit into the corridor through another set of double doors and then make a left. The planetarium is on your left in the corner.
From the wheelchair access door (which is down a ramp at the back of BSB), turn right into the corridor and go all the way to the end, then make a left. The planetarium will be directly ahead of you at the end of the corridor in the corner. Please see the planetarium presenter who will be waiting for you at the planetarium entrance to use the elevator from the entrance into the dome.
Note: School buses and visitors with disabilities may be dropped off and picked up in the central campus area, closer to BSB.